We are currently recruiting a CNC turner, please contact Peter on 01722 782488 for more details or email email@example.com.
Job Description: CNC Turner at Apsley Precision Engineering Ltd
Position Overview: Apsley Precision Engineering Ltd is seeking a skilled and motivated CNC Turner to join our dynamic team. The CNC Turner will play a crucial role in the production of high-quality precision components for the defence, medical and oil & gas industries. The successful candidate will be responsible for programming, setting and operating single and twin spindle CNC lathes, with driven tooling and Y-Axis capability. This is a full time role, 40 hrs per week, working to AS9100 and ISO 9001 quality standards.
Machine setup and Operation:
- Prepare and set up CNC turning machines, including loading materials, tooling, and programming.
- Operate CNC turning equipment to produce precision components according to engineering drawings and specifications.
- Monitor machine operations to ensure accurate dimensions, smooth operations, and efficient production.
- Utilize CNC programming languages (Fanuc) to create and edit programs for turning operations.
- Interpret engineering drawings, and specifications to program machines accordingly.
- Optimize programs for efficient cycle times.
- Perform regular quality checks using precision measuring instruments (Vernier calipers, micrometers, gauges) to ensure components meet tolerances and specifications.
- Complete all QMS related paperwork to a high standard.
- Identify and address any deviations from desired specifications, making necessary adjustments as needed.
Tooling and Maintenance:
- Select appropriate tooling and inserts for different materials and machining operations.
- Perform routine maintenance on CNC turning machines, including cleaning, lubrication, and minor repairs.
- Notify supervisors of any machine malfunctions or maintenance requirements.
- Collaborate with engineering and production teams to optimize machining processes and enhance productivity.
- Propose and implement improvements to machining techniques, tooling, and programming for better efficiency and quality.
Safety and Compliance:
- Adhere to all safety protocols and guidelines to maintain a safe working environment.
- Follow company policies and procedures, including proper handling of materials and waste disposal.
- Proven experience as a CNC Turner machining high temperature alloys, stainless steel, alloy steels and aluminiums.
- Proficiency in CNC programming languages (Fanuc) and the ability to read engineering drawings.
- Strong knowledge of turning techniques, tooling, and machining processes.
- Familiarity with precision measuring instruments and quality assurance techniques.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team, with strong attention to detail.
- Excellent problem-solving skills and a proactive approach to identifying and resolving issues
- Good communication skills to collaborate effectively with team members and supervisors.
- Strong commitment to safety protocols and practices.
- Experience with a range of CNC turning machines and controls would be a benefit. The company run DMG Mori (NTX1000, NLX1500SY, NLX2500SY), Miyano (BNJ 51SY & BND 51S) and Puma lathes (2500SY & 2000Y).
- Competitive salary commensurate with experience and qualifications.
- Opportunities for skill development and training.
- Collaborative and supportive work environment.
- Health package and retirement benefits package
- Life insurance package.
- Opportunity to work on diverse and challenging projects in a cutting-edge precision engineering company.
- Opportunities for flexible working structure.
If you're an experienced CNC Turner looking to join a dynamic team at the forefront of precision engineering, we encourage you to apply by submitting your CV and a cover letter detailing your relevant experience and skills. Join us at Apsley Precision Engineering Ltd and be part of our commitment to excellence in precision manufacturing.